To improve your experience and make this website simpler to use, we sometimes place small amounts of information on your computer, mobile phone or device. These include small files known as cookies.
The cookies used on this website improve your experience by:
- Recognising your settings – so you don’t need to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- Remembering the information that you’ve given (e.g. your username and password) - so you don't need to keep entering it
- Measuring how you use our website - so we can make improvements that meet your needs
- Tracking the websites that you use - so our advertising using third-party networks is better targeted and more relevant to you
- Our cookies contain anonymous information such as a unique identifier but this information is not used to identify you personally.
The cookies used on this website can be grouped into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies – required to enable you to move around the website and use essential features
- Statistic cookies - collect information about how you use our website and help us improve performance and provide a better user experience
- Targeting cookies – used by advertising networks to track your browsing across the internet whilst enabling us to enhance our website with services provided by third-parties
Some cookies are set directly by the armycadets.com website. Others are set by third-parties when you visit the Army Cadets website. Third-party cookies include those set by advertising networks, the partners we use for web analytics, and external websites delivering embedded content and videos (e.g. YouTube and Vimeo).
Cookies are stored on your computer for different lengths of time depending on what they are used for. Session cookies are temporary cookies and are only stored until you leave the website or when you close your web browser. Persistent cookies last for a fixed period of time, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise the device and track repeat visits.
We do not sell the information collected by cookies.
Further information about individual cookies used on this website is provided below.