7 January 2014
ACFA are seeking a Development Manager to join the team based at the London office. Details of the role and how to apply can be found below:
The Development Manager will be the Forward Plans Officer of the Army Cadet Force Association (ACFA).
- Plan, direct, co-ordinate and deliver those events that will promote the Army Cadet Force and the Army Cadet Force Association externally across Defence and in so doing raise the profile and influence of the ACF and ACFA amongst those Government Departments that deal with youth issues
- Internally, the post will promote the ACFA within the Army and to its own Association Members
- The Development Manager will work with the Director of Finance, Operations and Training and the Head of Marketing and Communications to ensure that the campaigns that he or she directs and executes fall within budget and meet the aims and objectives of the Army Cadet Force Association’s Charter and Strategy
- The Development Manager will provide much of the content of the Army Cadet Force and Army Cadet Force Association’s annual reports
Competency of Individual
- The individual will have a working knowledge of Marketing and Communications as the post will be required to work closely with, and support the work of the Army Cadet Force (Association’s) Head of Marketing and Communications
- The Development Manager will understand how to measure the impact of the campaigns designed and conducted by him or her on behalf of the Army Cadet Force and the Army Cadet Force Association
- As part of a close knit team, the chosen candidate will demonstrate excellent promotional, leadership and managerial skills
- The Development Manager will be a dynamic and lateral thinker and an individual that is comfortable with dealing with issues at both the strategic and tactical level
- The individual selected will need to have demonstrated strong ‘promoting and influencing’ skills in their previous appointments and understand how to manage key stakeholder groups
- The Development Manager will be a confident and accurate briefer who can demonstrate excellent verbal and written presentational skills
- While it is a singleton post, the Development Manager is an Assistant Director level role who will work closely with the Association’s Director of Finance, Operations and Training and Head of Marketing and Communications. The post reports to the General Secretary of the Army Cadet Force Association
The post is initially offered as a two year contract, weekdays full time (0900-1700hrs), London office based, with some UK wide travel away from home and some out of hours working as might be expected of a national organisation. Weekend working may be required for which Time off in Lieu is granted. Expenses are paid for travel. A full driving licence will be essential and the incumbent will be expected to be able to work with cadets in the field whatever the physical circumstances. An enhanced Data and Barring Service check will be carried out. At the end of the two year contract the success of the post will be examined and may evolve into a full contract.
Salary & Pension
The post attracts a salary of £50,000 per annum and after the six month probation is completed a company pension is offered.
Application Process and Dates
Applicants should fill in an application form that can be obtained from Simon Wooldridge at email@example.com and return it to him by 3rd February 2014. The interview sift will be completed by 7th February 2014 and successful candidates informed shortly thereafter. Interviews for short listed candidates will be in London (Holderness House, 51-61 Clifton Street, EC2A 4DW), on Wed 19th February 2014. At the interview candidates will be expected to deliver a five minute presentation on how they intend to raise the profile and influence of the ACF and ACFA amongst those Government Departments that deal with youth issues. The successful candidate will start work on 1st April 2014.