The Squad Instructor aims to instruct and qualify Cadet Force Adult Volunteers in the ACF and CCF to deliver demanding, realistic, interesting, progressive and safe training to members of the Cadet Forces.
The Cadet Training Centre, Frimley Park is the National Training Centre for the Combined Cadet Force and the Army Cadet Force. The majority of instruction is carried out for students from these organisations attending week long residential courses. Courses normally assemble mid Sunday afternoon and disperse PM Fridays. There are in addition 10-12 weekend conferences scheduled throughout the year.
This position is a fixed term 2 year contract and will consist of a 48 hour working week and a starting annual salary of £27,081.60 which will be based at the Cadet Training Centre, Frimley.
ACCT UK is a national youth charity dedicated to improving the life chances of young people. We want to ensure that every young person has the opportunity to learn new skills, build confidence and be inspired through their Army Cadet experience. We want to develop the youth leadership and training abilities of adult volunteers in the Army Cadets. We help young people to access Army Cadet Force activities through fundraising, grant-making, developing new resources and direct support.
Working alongside our strategic partner, the British Army, we support young people to access cadet activity with the Army Cadets through a range of activities including grant making, resource development and direct support to the Army Cadets.
We strongly believe that everyone benefits when you help young people to develop their character and values through activities that stretch and challenge them. We also know that when young people engage with others at a range of levels in their communities it builds confidence and improves empathy for other’s lives.
Who we are
You will enjoy being part of our small team who work very happily together. By joining ACCT UK you will help us to reach more young people and make a greater difference and we look forward to working with you. We actively promote learning and encourage you to explore ideas that improve all aspects of the charity’s work in pursuit of its charitable aims.
What we can offer you
In addition to your salary we offer all staff:
- Flexible working arrangements (you agree a working pattern with your line manager).
- Personal Accident Insurance, including loss of earnings cover and death benefit.
- 15 days of sick pay in any 12-month period (after 12 months employment - pro-rata for part time staff).
- A contributory pension scheme (you contribute at least 5% and we will contribute 10%).
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Additional privilege leave on set days each year, such as between Christmas and New Year (pro-rata for part time staff).
- An additional five days of volunteering leave (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Support for qualifications and personal development.
- Season ticket loan.
- A caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter that details how you meet the requirements of the job specification along with a CV Your completed application should be sent by Tuesday 11th January 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing Monday 24th January 2022 in person at the Cadet Training Centre, Frimley park.
Please note that as a charity dedicated to improving the lives of young people we will follow up references.