About This Job
This is an exciting support role in Army Cadet Headquarters responsible for the planning, obtaining and integrating resources for effective and efficient use across multiple projects within agreed infrastructure objectives across the Army Cadets.
We are looking for an individual with demonstrable experience of delivering change with lasting effect at a strategic level within a large organisation. Applicants must be able to demonstrate previous success in establishing effective working relationships across a range of organisations.
This role is key to supporting the development, programming and implementation of projects ensurfing that these projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required criteria.
This position is a permanent full time post (40 hours per week) which will be office based in Cadets Branch, HQ Regional Command in Aldershot, however significant homeworking will be permitted. The starting salary for the post will be £30,250 per annum.
- Experience of delivering change with lasting effect at strategic level in a large organisation
- Demonstrable success in establishing effective working relationships across a range of organisations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for further information.
ACFA is a national youth charity dedicated to improving the life chances of young people. Working alongside our strategic partners, the British Army, we support young people to access cadet activity with the Army Cadets through a range of activities including grant making, resource development and direct support to the Army Cadets.
We strongly believe that everyone benefits when you help young people to develop their character and values through activities that stretch and mature them. We also know that when young people engage with others at a range of levels in their communities it builds confidence and improves empathy for other’s lives.
Who we are
You will enjoy being part of our small team who work very happily together. By joining ACFA you will help us to reach more young people and make a greater difference and we look forward to working with you. We actively promote and encourage you to explore ideas that improve all aspects of the charity’s work in pursuit of its charitable aims.
What we can offer you
In addition to your salary we offer all staff:
- Flexible working arrangements (you agree a working pattern with your line manager).
- Personal Accident Insurance, including loss of earnings cover and death benefit.
- 15 days of sick pay in any 12 month period (after 12 months employment - pro-rata for part time staff).
- A contributory pension scheme (you contribute at least 5% and we will contribute 10%).
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Additional privilege leave on set days each year, such as between Christmas and New Year (pro-rata for part time staff).
- An additional five days of volunteering leave (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Support for qualifications and personal development.
- Season ticket loan.
- A caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter that details how you meet the requirements of the job description along with a CV to HR@armycadets.com by 23:59 hrs on Sunday 22nd August 2021.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 6th September 2021.
Please note that as a charity dedicated to improving the lives of young people we require staff to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check and will follow up references.