About This Job
Cadet Digital Services is seeking an Information Security Analyst to join our team in. This role requires a meticulous professional focused on monitoring our systems, detecting vulnerabilities, and ensuring data protection. Your responsibilities will include assessing security measures, reporting on breaches, and recommending enhancements. Candidates should have a solid understanding of current information security practices and tools. If you're adept at navigating the complexities of digital security and are committed to safeguarding organisational data, this is the role for you. Join us in enhancing our security posture in a constantly evolving digital landscape.
- Proven experience in an information security role
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures) and network/web-related protocols.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods.
- Deep understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex security topics to non-technical staff.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to stay updated with the evolving landscape of cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
- Holding or in the process of obtaining a recognised cybersecurity qualification, such as the Certified Information Systems Security.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for further information.
ACCT UK is a national youth charity dedicated to improving the life chances of young people. The Combined Cadet Force Association (CCFA) is a charity dedicated to the promotion of the ideals and activities of the Combined Cadet Force in schools. Together we want to ensure that every young person has the opportunity to learn new skills, build confidence and be inspired through their cadet experience.
We want to develop the youth leadership and training abilities of adult volunteers whilst also helping young people to access cadet activities through fundraising, grant-making, developing new resources and direct support.
We strongly believe that everyone benefits when you help young people to develop their character and values through activities that stretch and mature them. We also know that when young people engage with others at a range of levels in their communities it builds confidence and improves empathy for other’s lives.
Who we are
You will enjoy being part of our small team who work very happily together. By joining ACCT UK you will help us to reach more young people and make a greater difference and we look forward to working with you. We actively promote and encourage you to explore ideas that improve all aspects of the charity’s work in pursuit of its charitable aims.
What we can offer you
In addition to your salary, we offer all staff:
- Flexible working arrangements (you agree a working pattern with your line manager).
- Personal Accident Insurance, including loss of earnings cover and death benefit.
- 15 days of sick pay in any 12-month period (after 12 months employment - pro-rata for part time staff).
- A contributory pension scheme (you contribute at least 5% and we will contribute 10%).
- Good leave allowances (which are offered pro-rata for part time staff):
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Additional privilege leave, on set days each year, such as between Christmas and New Year.
- An additional five days of volunteering leave.
- Support for qualifications and personal development.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Railcard (if you are eligible)
- A caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter that details how you meet the requirements of the job description along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 hrs on Sunday 15th October 2023.
Interviews will be held (virtually) during the week commencing 23rd October 2023.
Please note that as a charity dedicated to improving the lives of young people, we require staff to make a declaration about any relevant convictions, undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check and will follow up references.