About This Job
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Cadet Centre for Adventurous Training (CCAT). We are looking for a self-motivated enthusiastic and experienced person to manage our facilities and provide effective logistical support on a job share basis.
This is a key role, working collaboratively with our partners you will facilitate an efficient and effective facilities and support service in order to ensure safe, sustainable and high quality delivery of training.
For Army Cadets aged 15 plus and their Cadet Force Adult Volunteers, CCAT delivers an annual programme of National Governing Body (NGB) accredited pathways in all aspects of Mountaineering, Paddlesport, Caving, Mountain Biking and Snowsports.
You may also be required on occasion to support AT concentrations delivered from our partner sites throughout the UK and assist with the delivery of a programme of national overseas expeditions.
This is a rewarding and flexible role. The position is a permanent job share post (16 hours per week). The successful applicant will be required to travel occasionally. The starting annual salary for this post is £11,194.04.
- Demonstrable experience of procurement, management and maintenance of specialist outdoor equipment.
- Understanding and experience of managing a fleet of commercially leased vehicles.
- Experience of working with partner organisations and facilities management to ensure CCAT facilities are maintained and functional.
- Demonstrable success in establishing effective working relationships across a range of organisations.
- Competent and experienced MS O365 user and an understanding of MOD specialist IT applications would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent organisational, management and administration skills, self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must hold a current UK D1+E driving licence with no endorsements.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for further information.
ACCT UK is a national youth charity dedicated to improving the life chances of young people. The Combined Cadet Force Association (CCFA) is a charity dedicated to the promotion of the ideals and activities of the Combined Cadet Force in schools. Together we want to ensure that every young person has the opportunity to learn new skills, build confidence and be inspired through their cadet experience.
We want to develop the youth leadership and training abilities of adult volunteers whilst also helping young people to access cadet activities through fundraising, grant-making, developing new resources and direct support.
We strongly believe that everyone benefits when you help young people to develop their character and values through activities that stretch and mature them. We also know that when young people engage with others at a range of levels in their communities it builds confidence and improves empathy for other’s lives.
Who we are
You will enjoy being part of our small team who work very happily together. By joining ACCT UK you will help us to reach more young people and make a greater difference and we look forward to working with you. We actively promote and encourage you to explore ideas that improve all aspects of the charity’s work in pursuit of its charitable aims.
What we can offer you
In addition to your salary, we offer all staff:
- Flexible working arrangements (you agree a working pattern with your line manager).
- The ability to work from home.
- Personal Accident Insurance, including loss of earnings cover and death benefit.
- 15 days of sick pay in any 12-month period (after 12 months employment - pro-rata for part time staff).
- A contributory pension scheme (you contribute at least 5% and we will contribute 10%).
- Good leave allowances (which are offered pro-rata for part time staff):
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Additional privilege leave, on set days each year, such as between Christmas and New Year.
- An additional five days of volunteering leave.
- Support for qualifications and personal development.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Railcard (if you are eligible)
- A caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter that details how you meet the requirements of the job description along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 hrs on Sunday 02nd April 2023.
Interviews will be held at Capel Curig during the week commencing 10th April 2023.
Please note that as a charity dedicated to improving the lives of young people, we require staff to make a declaration about any relevant convictions, undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check and will follow up references.