About This Job
The Service Desk Administrator acts as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for system and technical support. They respond to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfil requests or enable resolution. Some of the day-to-day tasks include answering queries via telephone and email, through the use of a CRM tool, all administration duties as tasked by the line manager for all adult volunteers, CTTs, Brigade staff, RFCA staff, ACFA staff, and CCF school staff.
This position is a permanent full time post (40 hours per week) which will be home based. The starting salary for the post will be £22,568 per annum.
The Army Cadet Force Association (ACFA) is a national youth charity dedicated to improving the life chances of young people. Working alongside our strategic partners, the British Army, we support young people to access cadet activity with the Army Cadets through a range of activities including grant making, resource development and direct support to the Army Cadets.
We strongly believe that everyone benefits when you help young people to develop their character and values through activities that stretch and mature them. We also know that when young people engage with others at a range of levels in their communities it builds confidence and improves empathy for other’s lives.
Who we are
You will enjoy being part of our small team who work very happily together. By joining ACFA you will help us to reach more young people and make a greater difference and we look forward to working with you. We actively promote and encourage you to explore ideas that improve all aspects of the charity’s work in pursuit of its charitable aims.
What we can offer you
In addition to your salary we offer all staff:
- Flexible working arrangements (you agree a working pattern with your line manager).
- Personal Accident Insurance, including loss of earnings cover and death benefit.
- 15 days of sick pay in any 12 month period (after 12 months employment - pro-rata for part time staff).
- A contributory pension scheme (you contribute at least 5% and we will contribute 10%).
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Additional privilege leave on set days each year, such as between Christmas and New Year (pro-rata for part time staff).
- An additional five days of volunteering leave (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Support for qualifications and personal development.
- Season ticket loan.
- A caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter that details how you meet the requirements of the below job specification along with a CV Your completed application should be sent to the HR Manager at HR@armycadets.com by 23:59 Tuesday 4th May 2021.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing Monday 10th May 2021 via Zoom.
Please note that as a charity dedicated to improving the lives of young people we require staff to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check and will follow up references.