About This Job
Join Cadet Digital Services as a Business Analyst, where you'll dive deep into how our organisation works, draw meaningful insights, and collaborate with passionate professionals. Ideal for those individuals who excel in bridging the gap between business needs and IT solutions. The role involves translating business requirements into technical specifications, optimising our current systems, and ensuring they align with our organisational objectives. As a Business Analyst with us, you'll not only interpret complex processes but also shape strategies that help support our adult volunteers.
- Proven experience as a business analyst.
- Evidence of continuing personal and professional development
- Experience in gathering, documenting, and analysing business requirements.
- Proficiency with business analysis tools and software commonly used in the UK, such as Visio, JIRA, or Trello.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies prevalent in the UK, such as PRINCE2 or Agile.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex business processes and technical details to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve business challenges effectively.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for further information.
ACCT UK is a national youth charity dedicated to improving the life chances of young people. The Combined Cadet Force Association (CCFA) is a charity dedicated to the promotion of the ideals and activities of the Combined Cadet Force in schools. Together we want to ensure that every young person has the opportunity to learn new skills, build confidence and be inspired through their cadet experience.
We want to develop the youth leadership and training abilities of adult volunteers whilst also helping young people to access cadet activities through fundraising, grant-making, developing new resources and direct support.
We strongly believe that everyone benefits when you help young people to develop their character and values through activities that stretch and mature them. We also know that when young people engage with others at a range of levels in their communities it builds confidence and improves empathy for other’s lives.
Who we are
You will enjoy being part of our small team who work very happily together. By joining ACCT UK you will help us to reach more young people and make a greater difference and we look forward to working with you. We actively promote and encourage you to explore ideas that improve all aspects of the charity’s work in pursuit of its charitable aims.
What we can offer you
In addition to your salary, we offer all staff:
- Flexible working arrangements (you agree a working pattern with your line manager).
- Personal Accident Insurance, including loss of earnings cover and death benefit.
- 15 days of sick pay in any 12-month period (after 12 months employment - pro-rata for part time staff).
- A contributory pension scheme (you contribute at least 5% and we will contribute 10%).
- Good leave allowances (which are offered pro-rata for part time staff):
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Additional privilege leave, on set days each year, such as between Christmas and New Year.
- An additional five days of volunteering leave.
- Support for qualifications and personal development.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Railcard (if you are eligible)
- A caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter that details how you meet the requirements of the job description along with a CV to email@example.com by 23:59 hrs on Sunday 15th October 2023.
Interviews will be held (virtually) during the week commencing 23rd October 2023.
Please note that as a charity dedicated to improving the lives of young people, we require staff to make a declaration about any relevant convictions, undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check and will follow up references.