About This Job
We are looking for a new Administration Manager to organise and coordinate administration duties and office procedures in the charity. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. You will be experienced with a variety of office software (such as email tools, spreadsheets and databases) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties.
You will be the right-hand (hu)man to the executive team. As the central point of contact for everyone within our charity you will have an overview of many different things, an impeccable working knowledge of the charity and its aims, and will “pitch in” wherever necessary to ensure the charity operates smoothly.
This position is a permanent full time post (40 hours per week) which will be office based in Holderness House, 51-61 Clifton Street, London EC2A 4DW. The starting salary for the post will be £30,250 per annum.
- · Good secretarial skills
- · Diary management experience
- · IT skills
- · Excellent written and communication skills
- · Discretion and confidentiality
- · An ability to work closely with other departments
- · Be able to undertake project work.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for further information.
ACFA is a national youth charity dedicated to improving the life chances of young people. Working alongside our strategic partners, the British Army, we support young people to access cadet activity with the Army Cadets through a range of activities including grant making, resource development and direct support to the Army Cadets.
We strongly believe that everyone benefits when you help young people to develop their character and values through activities that stretch and mature them. We also know that when young people engage with others at a range of levels in their communities it builds confidence and improves empathy for other’s lives.
Who we are
You will enjoy being part of our small team who work very happily together. By joining ACFA you will help us to reach more young people and make a greater difference and we look forward to working with you. We actively promote and encourage you to explore ideas that improve all aspects of the charity’s work in pursuit of its charitable aims.
What we can offer you
In addition to your salary we offer all staff:
- Flexible working arrangements (you agree a working pattern with your line manager).
- The ability to work both from home and from our London office.
- Personal Accident Insurance, including loss of earnings cover and death benefit.
- 15 days of sick pay in any 12 month period (after 12 months employment - pro-rata for part time staff).
- A contributory pension scheme (you contribute at least 5% and we will contribute 10%).
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Additional privilege leave on set days each year, such as between Christmas and New Year (pro-rata for part time staff).
- An additional five days of volunteering leave (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Support for qualifications and personal development.
- Season ticket loan.
- A caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter that details how you meet the requirements of the job description along with a CV to HR@armycadets.com by 23:59 hrs on Sunday 20th June 2021.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 28th June 2021.
Please note that as a charity dedicated to improving the lives of young people we require staff to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check and will follow up references.