To start a live video from the Instagram app
- Tap in the top left of Feed or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Scroll to Live at the bottom of the screen, then tap .
- The number of viewers appears at the top of the screen and comments appear at the bottom.
- You can add a comment by tapping Comment at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap a comment and tap Pin Comment to pin it so that viewers can see it more easily.
- When you're done, tap End in the top right then tap to confirm. From there, you can tap in the top left to save it to your camera roll, or share it to your story.
Managing a live video
- To turn comments off, tap (iPhone) or (Android) then select Turn Off Commenting. Keep in mind that any keyword filters you've turned on will also apply to comments on your live video.
- To turn off requests to go live with you, tap (iPhone) or (Android) then select Turn Off Requests To Go Live .
- If you're on an iOS device, you can tap in the bottom right to add photos and videos from your camera roll to your live video. To stop displaying your photo or video, swipe right on your camera roll below and tap . Keep in mind that only you can see the photos and videos in your camera roll while you're sharing a live video.