9 June 2019
On Sunday 9th June D (Cassino) Company attended the Chattri Memorial, with cadets from across the company forming the honour guard.
The Chattri (which means umbrella in Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu) is a monument located in the South Downs near Patcham dedicated to the Indian Soldiers who died in the First World War.
The monument arks the site of the cremation place for Hindu and Sikh soldiers who died of their wounds at the Royal Pavilion Hospital during World War One.
It was unveiled in 1921 by the then Prince of Wales.
After the service all were invited to attended a lunch that was donated by a local Indian restaurant at Dorothy Stringer School in Brighton.
There was a fantastic service and cadets were praised for their turnout and commitment.