A Company currently comprises of 10 detachments and a Corps of Drums, and spreads from the Oxfordshire border in Brackley to the Leicestershire border.
The Company was formally established as 1st Battalion, Northamptonshire Army Cadet Force on the 5th May 1942 by order of Maj General Sir Hereward Wake BT CB CMG DSO DL who was the newly appointed Colonel, Commandant.
By kind permission of General Sir Harry Knox, KCB DSO Colonel, the Northamptonshire Regiment , the name and the badge of the Northamptonshire Regiment was approved to be worn by cadets and adults.
A Company quickly established itself within Northamptonshire and continued to prosper over the coming years. It saw periods of service in Northamptonsire ACF, Northamptonshire & Huntingdon ACF, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire ACF and finally in Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Rutland Army Cadet Force where it is firmly ensconced as one of the biggest Companies in the County.
For many years, the Company enjoyed close ties with the Royal Pioneer Corps, who’s training school was based in Northampton, and for a period of time a number of detachments were affiliated to the the Corps. In 1993 with the Pioneer Corps being amalgamated to form the Royal Logistics Corps these detachments were rebadged to the Royal Anglian Regiment as had all others after its formation in 1964.