This year’s Armed Forces Day National Event, will be centred in Falmouth, Cornwall and will provide the stage for the whole UK to show support for our Armed Forces community.
The town will play proud host to a packed programme of events and activities including a military parade, marching bands, military displays, live music, ﬂying displays and ﬁreworks.
It is expected to be one of the most stirring and
evocative programmes of public shows ever staged in Cornwall – its
backdrop the world’s third largest natural harbour and Henry Vlll’s sea
fort Pendennis Castle.
Events planed include:
- A spectacular Military Village showcasing vehicles, equipment and interactive displays
- A full military parade through the streets of Falmouth involving
regular and reserve personnel from all three services, cadets and
- Entertainment, activities and displays throughout the town
- Opportunities to meet with armed forces charities and organisations
to find out about their work and the support they can provide
- A chance to see air force, army and naval assets close up
- Air displays over the stunning views of Falmouth Bay
- A Proms style music concert at the iconic Pendennis Castle to celebrate and thank our armed forces
- Fireworks over Falmouth Harbour to round off proceedings.
Communities from across Cornwall will be encouraged to share the excitement and get involved in the build-up to the event.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Falmouth for this very special event.