Due to a number of operational reasons, it will not be possible for us to provide a centralised Battalion Annual Camp in 2023.
The Battalion’s annual summer camp in 2023 will therefore take place in two distinct groupings
For our junior cadets, a range of activities will occur over Summer 2023 based at our own Cadet Training Centre, Boddam, near Peterhead, Aberdeenshire over the period 08 – 21 July 2022.
For up to 35 of our senior cadets, there will be the opportunity to join our sister Battalion Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders ACF for their Annual Camp at Chickerell Camp, Weymouth, over the period 08 - 21 July 2022.
Cadets can use the Cadet Portal (portal.cadets.mod.uk) to access their training records and see their progress to check eligibility.
In order to attend the 2nd Battalion The Highlanders ACF Annual Camp at CTC Boddam, cadets must be:
- enrolled in the ACF on Westminster before 31 March,
- have completed Army Cadet Syllabus 21 Basic Training at detachment level prior to attending Annual Camp,
- have attended at least 1 Company training weekends prior to attending Annual Camp.
In order to attend the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders ACF Annual Camp at Chickerell Camp, cadets must be:
- completed Army Cadet Syllabus 21 One Star by 31 March,
- partially completed Army Cadet Syllabus 21 Two Star by 31 March.
The attached Parent Letter provides further detail as to activities, payment and required forms, as well as timelines.