past year has been a very strange and unpredictable time for us all.
While that unpredictability continues we are working hard behind the
scenes to ensure if we are allowed to hold an Annual Camp this year,
in whatever guise we are prepared; there are however no guarantees
and we will keep you informed as the situation changes.
are planning to hold Annual Camp this year within Gloucestershire at
the Duke of Gloucester Barracks, South Cerney near Cirencester. While
we will try to hold as ‘normal’ a camp as possible, this location
will allow us to ensure we can deliver a great experience for our
young people, even in these toughest of times.
While we are some way off the summer it’s important that we plan for every eventuality and understand how many of our Cadets will be joining us on Camp this year. Below is the headline information:
- We expect the total cost of Camp this year to not exceed £50 per Cadet.
- A fully refundable deposit of £25 per Cadet is required to be paid through the county shop no later than Friday 28 May to secure a place at Camp.
- The payment of the deposit and an email confirming payment from a parent/guardian will be considered as ‘initial’ consent.
- Full details of the Camp activities and our plans will be shared to those who have paid a deposit and secured a place in Early May along with a Medical Form and Full Parent/Guardian Consent Document for completion and return.
- Included in the cost of Camp, every Cadet will be provided with a bag containing a water bottle, thermal mug, knife/fork/spoon, notepad, pens/pencils, torch and a T-shirt.
We understand that meeting the cost of Annual Camp may cause some issues especially in the current situation. We are for the many, and not the few, and will endeavour to ensure our opportunities are available to all. Any parent/guardian who would like to discuss their situation confidentially and understand how we can help and support, should contact the CEO on the telephone number on the front page. As a reminder we have recently invested in boots to issue to all cadets as and when they are needed in an effort to try and drive down the cost of engaging in our activities.