MASTER CADET COURSE
Established in 1989, the aim of the Master Cadet Course is to broaden and develop further the leadership, instructional and administrative responsibilities of 4-star cadets, with the intention of making better use of their abilities.
Successful completion of the Master Cadet Course qualifies cadets for consideration for appointment as a Master Cadet. Appointment as a Master Cadet is at the discretion of the ACF County Commandant.
The course is open to all 4-star cadets who have completed Fieldcraft as a progressive subject and have qualified on the Senior Cadet Instructors' Cadre(SCIC). Students are to be at least 16 years old and at the minimum rank of Sergeant.
The following prerequisites apply:
(1) WHT on the L98A2 Cadet GP Rifle.
It is recommended that students also undertake the following before attending the course:
(1) Have a level of fitness that will enable them to take part in up to 10 Battle Exercises per day, a log run and obstacle course and an orienteering test.
(2) Have a good understanding of Section Battle Drills.
(3) Know how to plan and conduct a basic Fieldcraft Lesson.
(4) Know how to navigate using an OS map at day and night.
(5) Have undertaken 4 star Fieldcraft.