#acfstar Terms and conditions:
1. The promoter of this competition is the Army Cadet Force Association, Holderness House, 51-61 Clifton Street, London, EC2A 4DW (“ACFA”). The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. Entry involves a complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
2. ACFA reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or the rules (including the eligibility requirements) at its sole discretion with or without prior notice (i) in the event of any occurrence outside ACFA’s reasonable control (ii) to ensure the competitions are run in a fair and honourable manner, and (iii) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance. Any cancellation or changes will then be published on the Army Cadets’ official Facebook pages.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of ACFA shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. This competition is open to cadets within the ACFA. Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of ACFA, any affiliate organisation or supplier that ACFA deems to be too closely connected to ACFA or any company involved in this Competition are not eligible to enter the Competition. ACFA reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if ACFA is aware or has reasonable grounds to suspect that a winner is not eligible for these reasons.
5. By entering this Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. ACFA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and disqualify an entrant for submitting false information.
6. The address you provide with your usage waiver form together with your Facebook details will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct. This competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom and you are not eligible if you are resident outside of the United Kingdom.
7. ACFA reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Rules.
8. In the event that any Competition winner is subsequently disqualified from the Competition for any reason, ACFA, in its sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement winner should be selected in accordance with the Competition criteria.
9. This competition runs from 09:00 GMT Monday 27th Feb 2017 to 23:55 GMT Friday 31st March 2017 (the “Promotion Period”).
10. To be entered into the competition you must share your #acfstar post on the Army Cadets official Facebook page, including the hashtag - #acfstar - in the body of your Facebook post.
11. Where ACFA discovers or has reasonable grounds to suspect that any entrant has used any software or automated process either to enter the Competition or to make bulk entries, ACFA may exclude such entries and disqualify the entrant from the Competition.
12. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified within this Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
13. There is no charge to enter the Competition. However, standard mobile data and internet connection charges may apply.
14. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, ACFA does not accept responsibility for the safekeeping or return of any entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material. You should, therefore, ensure you retain a copy of your entry for your own records.
15. Up to five (5) prizes will be awarded to five (5) winners.
16. The prize awarded will be £50 - awarded via the method deemed most appropriate by the ACFA and the winning cadets' detachment, so could be in the form of a cheque, cash or bank transfer, for example.
16. Where the winning entry is open to subjective interpretation, an independent judge, or a panel that includes one independent member will be appointed. In either case, the judge or panel member will be demonstrably independent from ACFA, any competition intermediaries or from the pool of entrants from which the eventual winner is picked. Those appointed to act as judges or panel members will be competent to judge the competition and their full names will be made available on request. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) or panel shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
17. Prize winners will be notified via Facebook by the ACFA or agents acting on their behalf within FOUR (4) working days. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply within SEVEN (7) working days may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Prizewinners' names may be published on the Army Cadets official Facebook page and website (www.armycadets.com) after the Closing Date indicated in this Competition Notice.
18. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. ACFA reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time in its sole discretion.
19. Prizes are awarded at ACFA’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, ACFA and/or the Competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if entries are not of the requisite standard.
20. The minimum age requirement for entry is 13 (the minimum age to have one’s own Facebook account). ACFA reserves the right to request written proof of age and/or identity of any entrant including the winner. Where no such written proof is supplied, or the entrant is not the requisite age, ACFA may disqualify the entrant.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
21. ACFA does not, unless we agree this with you, claim rights of ownership in your entry (although ACFA will be licensed by you to use the photograph featured and text explanation in publicity and advertising). As such, you retain ownership of your entry and, although ACFA will be able to use entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your entry in any way you choose. Where any entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition. If you win a prize, as a condition to receipt of that prize, you will be required to sign the waiver form confirming that ACFA owns the copyright in the entry.
22. In consideration of ACFA agreeing to consider your entry, each entrant agrees that ACFA (and third parties authorised by ACFA) may use the entry across its Digital Products and Services and on any other media (including but not limited to third party websites, mobile, television and/or radio). For this purpose, you hereby grant ACFA (and third parties authorised by ACFA) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, use as part of any advertising or sponsorship campaign, sell and sub-licence the entry.
23. ACFA does not guarantee to use any entry. ACFA may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that it considers may be legally or otherwise problematic.
24. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You warrant that your entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. In addition, you warrant that you have permission to use or feature any people, content or other material contained within your entry. ACFA reserves the right to screen, filter and/or monitor entries for this purpose.
25. ACFA cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. ACFA is not responsible for any technical issues in relation to any telecommunications or internet network (including in relation to speed or bandwidth), including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in a Competition. Nothing shall exclude ACFA’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
26. Winners may be requested to take part in post event promotional activity and ACFA reserves the right to use the names and contact details of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
27. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and best practice. Data relating to entrants will be retained by ACFA for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist ACFA to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries.
28. All Competitions and the Rules are and will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. ACFA makes no representation that materials available across our Digital Products and Services comply with local laws in other jurisdictions.
How to contact us
29. You can contact us in relation to any Competition by writing to #acfstar, Army Cadet Force Association, Holderness House, 51-61 Clifton Street, London, EC2A 4DW