Promoting the Army Cadets takes place at three levels: nationally by HQ Regional Command, Cadets Branch; regionally by the 13 RFCAs; and locally by ACF counties and detachments.
The National Cadet Media and Comms team comprises:
- SO1 Head of Media and Comms, Jack Cavilla, tel 01252 787684
- SO2 Communications, Joanna Simpson, tel 01252 787691
- SO2 Social Media & Content, Mitchell Allen, tel 01252 787690
The team's principal responsibilities are as follows:
- To define and publish an Army Cadet Marketing and Communications policy, strategic framework and annual marketing plan.
- To deliver national level marketing and support for the Army Cadets (e.g. recruiting materials such as leaflets, posters and the national website www.armycadets.com, publications such as the ACF Annual Review, Army Cadet magazine and the electronic newsletter).
- To influence regional and local marketing and communications plans.
- To develop and foster brand and communications coherence through publication of a brand manual and communications guidance.
- To identify, implement and maximise marketing and PR opportunities.
- To provide strategic direction to the 55 local Public Relations Officers (PROs)
- To represent the Army Cadets on relevant MOD, Army and pan-cadet committees such as the Army Communications Executive Group and the MOD Youth and Cadets Communications Group.
- To provide general advice to the Army's chain of command and Media Ops staff and to assist in the event of a major event involving the Army Cadets.