Outreach will only succeed with the full commitment of our partner organisations
Typical partner organisations on an Outreach project would include schools, local police, local authorities, Youth Offending Teams and other community groups.
If you are interested in partnering with us on an Outreach project, please contact the Regional Coordinator for your area.
What we ask of our Outreach partners
- Before the project starts find a nominated staff member who will be the point of contact for your ACF Project Officer. Selecting participants, organising parental consent forms, participants' briefings and administration all have to be addressed in advance of the project.
- You need to provide an adequate number of support staff who will take part in the project, oversee participants and work alongside the ACF team providing duty cover and assisting with administration. Partner staff who attend Outreach often get as much out of it as the participants. It has proven invaluable in building positive long-term relationship with staff and participants alike.
- Measuring outcomes to help with post-project evaluation. This takes place at three points: immediately after the residential course; three months later; and nine months later.
- ACFA is a charity and the Outreach programme is entirely reliant on donations to our appeal fund. While we know that not every partner organisation is in a position to make a financial contribution, where that is the case, we would ask you to provide additional logistical support (such as transport) or help in acquiring third party funding from other sources in the local community.
What our Outreach partners can expect of us
- We will appoint a Project Officer who will liaise with you as the partner organisation.
- The Project Officer will provide you with a detailed programme and you will mutually agree project dates and identify participant criteria and numbers.
- The Outreach programme is funded by the ACFA Outreach appeal fund which covers overheads such as accommodation, food, activities and ACF volunteers' costs.
- Your partner Army Cadet Force county will provide clothing, equipment and other logistics in support of the project.
- We will cover the costs of OCN accreditation.
More details can be found in our online Outreach partner pack.