The role of the Army Cadet Force Association
The Army Cadet Force Association (ACFA) is a registered charity in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (305962) and in Scotland (SC039057).
It is dedicated to promoting the ideals and activities of the Army Cadet Force (ACF). In providing educational, adventurous, competitive and social activities, the Association's key priorities are to:
- manage national non-military activities that are designed to develop cadets’ citizenship, leadership and confidence, such as sport, music, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, first aid and competitive shooting;
- run the ACF’s youth and community project known as ACFA Outreach;
- provide insurance for the areas outside MOD liability;
- provide national marketing and communications for the ACF;
- provide ACF adults with training in public relations through the ACF PR training team;
- offer advice and support to members of the ACF; and
- receive donations and make grants.